james' blog...
misc ramblings n' thoughts...
Thursday, December 08, 2005

Happy Day...

...happy day/when Jesus washed/my sins away.

Back when I used to visit a lot of my friends getting baptized at different churches, they used to sing this song during or after every single person got dunked. I have to admit, it's a pretty happenin' song. I mean, to rejoice and to proclaim to the world what a great day it is because Jesus has washed away your inequities to such a melodic and cheerful tune - who can not love that?

Baptisms are part of what makes Christmas great for me. It's not just celebrating by remembering the birth of Christ - it's also celebrating a birth of Christ in a dear brother or sister's life. This year, at ET, one of my great (yes great, not just good) friends, Mr. Richard Tsang is declaring to the world that he is a Christian and that makes for many good times. (I don't think WJ reads this blog or I'd give him a shout out too.) I've known Richie for a great deal of time - and by great deal of time, I mean about a year or so. But throughout this time, I've been honoured to witness his growth as a Christian and as a person. His enthusiasm and zest for life is contagious and unrivaled; his humour and generosity (lately pertaining to his 'cube-of-games') really make him stand out as a individual and great friend. Ok, at the risk of making the poor chap e-blush (I just made that up, I refer e-blushing to blushing at the screen), I'll stop there.

Another great baptism story this Christmas (and actually the inspiration of this blog) comes from my dad's sister (my aunt) and their family out in San Fransisco. None of my dad's side of the family is really Christian (except one cousin) and after years and years of my parent's prayers for their family, they are the first ones next to our family to pronounce their faith in Christ. There's actually a much more storied history behind this story, so ask me if you're interested. My favourite cutie of a cousin and my aunt and uncle are all getting baptized this Christmas, hence the celebratory blog. Just goes to show you that persistent and consistent prayer can really work and make an impact. It really is a happy day for my family and I!

Ok, since I can't really ask too many questions about my aunt/uncle/cousin that none of you know, I will instead ask about my dear friend Richard. So today's Jeopardy is on Richard Tsang. Obviously Rich you can't answer nor can KL who helped supply me with the questions.

$100 - The number of year's Richard's played CCSA.
$200 - This is Richard's high school.
$300 - This is Richard's birthday.
$400 - This is Richard's favourite Mario character.
$500 - This is Richard's middle name.

Some of these are pretty hard, especially if you don't know Richie that well. Do what you want to try to extract this information out of him:




...don't worry, he said it's okay!

posted by jamescl | 3:04 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
ppls were here.
archives
my buddies
contact me
visitor #
guestbook
msg board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

snapshots