james' blog...
misc ramblings n' thoughts...
Thursday, December 01, 2005

Worship...

Last Friday, I picked up the ol' guitar and with the help of Rich and Stella, led worship for the first time in a very long time. It was actually for the children because there was a youth missions night at ET and the kids weren't really part of that worship service. So I dusted off the old binder with chords and transparencies (you know it's and old binder when it has hundreds of pages of transparencies) and strummed along humming many of the old tunes that I used to know and love in preperation for leading worship. I really love a lot of the new worship stuff out there but those that know me will attest to my love for nostalgia and the "old school" on occasion.

Rummaging through all those oldies but goodies really put a smile back on my face and reminded me of the core and simplicity of my faith, when those songs were sung for a first time from my heart. Sometimes, things nowadays are too jazzed up that we neglect how beautiful it is to hear a group of kids sing "I Love You Lord" acapella while praising God with their whole hearts. Too bad most my kids were too naughty and didn't like singing that much.

With that, onto this edition of Jeopardy with the topic being Old school worship songs focusing on ones that I grew up to that haven't been done in a while. I've extracted one small section of the lyrics and you must guess the song - remember, no Google!

$100 - "You're my friend and You are my brother/even though you are a King."
$200 - "My heart's one desire/is to be holy/set apart for You Lord."
$300 - "I lay all of my burdens/down at your feet./And anytime that I don't know/what to do..."
$400 - "And when the dark clouds come/and bring down the rain/I know that you will sustain me Lord."
$500 - "Teach me your holy ways oh Lord/so I can walk in Your truth./Teach me your holy ways oh Lord/and make me wholly devoted to you, oh oh whoaaa"

Good luck, and remember, only HALF of the value will be taken off for wrong answers (ie. answer 100 wrong and you will only lose 50 points!) Have a great weekend!

posted by jamescl | 10:28 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
ppls were here.
archives
my buddies
contact me
visitor #
guestbook
msg board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

snapshots